Proposed new term: Disaster loss data collection system

Systematic disaster loss data collection and analysis is essential to ensures informed policy decisions. Does country has any standard framework to collect all direct and indirect damages data.

Good suggestion. We’ll add this to the list of new terms for the next cycle of revisions. Thanks.

I may be missing something here, so please do correct me if I have misunderstood.

Does this term refer to collecting information (data) on damage and losses caused by disasters? Or are we referring to the loss of data caused by disasters? So, for the latter, I am thinking about flooding or fire that damages a data storage center and results in a subsequent loss of the data stored in the center.

Both of these seem important to me, I’m just not quite sure which of them the term proposed new term is referring to.

Thank you Matt and Bapon. I’m going to suggest that this term be carried over into the next revision cycle for further consideration.

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.

This topic was automatically closed after 0 minutes. New replies are no longer allowed.