Simon Kerridge new Chair of the CASRAI Board of Directors

Simon Kerridge becomes the new Chair of the CASRAI international Board of Directors. Simon is Director of Research Services, University of Kent, UK and the immediate past Chair of the Board of the UK Association of Research Managers and Administrators
(ARMA).

Simon succeeds Janet Halliwell who has chaired the board since 2007. In passing on the Chair, Janet noted the extraordinary leadership that Simon has exercised in launching the UK chapter of CASRAI and his long-standing commitment to improving research management through quality information. She added:

I have little doubt that Simon was a pivotal force in the attention paid to defined data standards and agreed information semantics in the UK Independent Review of the Role of Metrics in Research Assessment and Management. I am delighted that Simon has agreed to take on this important role in CASRAI and look forward to working closely with him.

In accepting this role, Simon said:

Janet will be an extremely hard act to follow, but I am looking forward to the challenge. Under her leadership over the past ten years CASRAI has grown into a truly international consortia, now with chapters in the UK and Europe as well as Canada where it originated. I am looking forward to continue working with David Baker, the founder of CASRAI, the other board members, various other working group and chapter members, and of course with Janet who remains on the board as Immediate Past Chair. Together we will help the initiative to achieve even more.

Congratulations, Simon!